The Empty Pot By Demi – Looking for a book to read on the first day of school? Demi’s Empty Cauldron is a wonderful book that emphasizes the importance of honesty and living with poetry.
Book Summary: The emperor must choose an heir and decide to hold a contest. He gives seeds to all the children of the kingdom and tells them to bring the best within a year. The main character, Ping, is very excited because he loves gardening and knows that he can grow beautiful flowers. However, Ping planted his seed and nothing happened. He dips it in a big pot with new soil. He watered it every day and looked after it, but still nothing grew. Years later, all the other children make fun of Ping because they have beautiful flowers, but all Ping is is an empty vessel. Ping’s parents encourage him and say that they are proud of him for doing his best. All the children come to the emperor, but he is not happy with their beautiful flowers. He smiles at Ping’s empty pot. The emperor tells everyone that the seeds he distributed have boiled, so nothing will come of them. All the other boys exchanged their seeds, but only Ping was honest and brought an empty cup. Praised for his honesty and courage, Ping is crowned as the next emperor
The Empty Pot By Demi
It’s a wonderful story with a great message – I love hearing my students squeal when they hear the plot twist!
Multicultural Big Books
Buy the book on Amazon or you can read the book at Storyline online (it’s really great quality!)
After reading the book, I had the students do some activities to drive home the message of the book and teach some important reading skills.
· Front Cover Visualization: I encourage students to look at the book cover and guess what the book will be about. I took all the answers at face value. If someone has read the book, I tell them to shut up, so I won’t give anything away. Most kids don’t want to throw feathers at their classmates because it’s so much fun! I also ask them to observe the cover image (it has a unique shape and style, so it creates a very good discussion).
· Outline Details: As I read the story, I have students write important details from the beginning, middle, and end. This will help them develop essential skills in note taking, organizing and retelling.
The Greatest Power By Demi (2004, Picture Book) For Sale Online
· Retelling Booklet: After the story, I put my students into pairs (using these fun food bud pairing cards – my kids love them!) and have them fill out these cute blank pot books. They worked together to fill in important details on various ships. From the story: character, beginning, middle, end (I’ve compared these notes in a chart organizer and written a short summary together) and the moral of the story. They then paint the pots, cut them out, and assemble them to make small books.
· Continuity of events: The next day we read the book again (no surprises this time!) and I arranged the stories in them.
· Cause and Effect: Then I put the students into groups and test their cause and effect skills! I give them a worksheet full of “causes” and they have to find the effect.
· Live Vocabulary: Next, with similar groups, students do their vocabulary thinking caps and look for key words in the story (heir, announcement, hope, and shame). Groups work together to discuss definitions (based on prior knowledge and context) and then look up the corresponding definitions in the dictionary. They then compare the two and decide if they are correct or if their definitions need to be changed.
The Empty Pot Storybook, Hobbies & Toys, Books & Magazines, Fiction & Non Fiction On Carousell
· My Favorite Scene: The end of term activity is more creative. Students return to their desks, take out their art supplies, and connect with their artistic side J. I give them a piece of paper and ask them to draw a scene they like (similar to the pictures in the book). Most students create a scene where the emperor announces that he has planted the seeds, and everyone is shocked. This is a great reminder of the main message of the story that they will take home.
· Moral of the Story (Letter Writing Activity): Our last day of reading begins with a writing activity. Students choose to write a friend who has never read the book. They describe the story with a short, concise summary and then state the theme or moral of the story. We know that teaching is the highest form of understanding, so the process of teaching ethics really gets the message into their hearts and minds.
· Irony: Although irony is not standard, I believe it is an important literary device that students should be exposed to. I teach my students the formal definition of irony (a strange or funny situation because things seem to happen the opposite of what you expect) and then as a class we come up with something about irony. Cauldron. (The reader assumes that Ping will be reprimanded for bringing an empty pot, but in the end, that is what the emperor was looking for.)
· Fill the pots (instructions and drawing activity below): Then I give the students a worksheet with six different empty pots. In each one, I tell them what kind of flower to draw, and they have to listen and follow my instructions. It helps improve their listening skills and encourages them to pay attention to details.
Notice And Note Fiction Signposts
· Honest or not?: The final activity in this unit is critical thinking. I put the students back into pairs and give them eight real-life situations (eg, “Sarah and Joshua are playing a game on vacation. Sarah chats and adds extra points to her score when Joshua doesn’t show.” ) to decide. true or false Then, as a team, they come up with the ninth example, exchange papers with the neighboring group, and determine the answer. This event brings the message of the story to real life. I have chosen scenarios that are relevant to elementary school students so that they can apply moral principles in their daily lives.
At the end of our unit, I give each student an empty terra cotta pot to take home as a reminder of our important study this week:
I love meeting students from previous years and they tell me that they still have empty dishes on their desks and that it reminds them of our class! If you’ve ever tried your best to fail a project, you’ve probably heard of Demi. “Empty Pot” is related to this story according to a Chinese legend.
The time has come to choose a successor to the Emperor of China. He will give a message to all the children of the country. Every child who visits him is given a flower seed. After a year of raising the seed, the children return and show the emperor the best.
How To Teach Children The Value Of Honesty
Flowers are a beautiful and festive part of the country. Children love to plant flowers and spend a lot of time tending to their gardens. No difference in ping. She is known to be exceptionally talented and is sure to produce a magnificent flower for the emperor. We can go with Ping because he nurtures and cares for the seed. Unfortunately, the results are not what he expected, and he returns to the emperor in shame.
While this story shares a beautiful image of honesty and courage, it can also be used to show that focusing on the journey rather than the outcome, perseverance, and that sometimes our best work isn’t what we think it is. We expect
Give your child seeds and a small container to learn how to grow their own flower!
For mothers. A soft place to fall. Great place for a laugh. Share your thoughts, get some inspiration, motivate yourself for the day, doing the most important thing on earth…. raising your lovely children.
The Empty Pot[정직과 진실이 가장 참된 가치임을 일깨워주는 내용]
The empty pot chinese folktale, the empty pot lesson plan, the empty pot worksheets, the empty pot pdf, the empty pot book, the empty pot storyline online, the empty pot comprehension questions, the empty pot by demi pdf, the empty pot author, the empty pot read aloud, the empty pot activities, the empty pot
writing subject The Empty Pot By Demi was posted in https://tagmanagementtips.us you can read on Sample and brought by admin. If you wanna have it as yours, please click the Pictures and you will go to click right mouse then Save Image As and Click Save and download the The Empty Pot By Demi Picture.. Don’t forget to share this picture with others via Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest or other social medias! we do hope you'll get inspired by https://tagmanagementtips.us... Thanks again!