Owl Sewing Template – Different shades of felt in any color. You will need more base colors and smaller pieces for feathers and other details. You can make a “realistic” owl with lots of brown feathers, or you can choose your favorite colors.
Sewing thread suitable for owl pupils and beak. To sew the rest of the owl, you will need a single color or thread that matches the felt you are using so you can sew all the pieces together. I love how the contrast between the yarn and felt color adds an extra decorative detail to the owl, but you may prefer to keep your stitches as invisible as possible. I chose the lilac yarn for the brown/pink owl pictured above and turquoise for the blue owl shown below.
Owl Sewing Template
1) Cut out all the pieces using the pattern provided and your choice of felt color. You need to cut out 2 x body, 2 x eyes, 2 x pupils, 1 x beak, 1 x left wing, 1 x right wing and one of each feather (#1-5). (This project also does not require the footer pattern shown on the pattern page.
Fabric Owls Tutorial
2) Place the eyes, pupils, and beak on one of the body shapes (leaving enough space for the feathers at the bottom!), then whip the pupils and beak together with matching wire.
3) Starting from #1 at the bottom, place 5 springs overlapping each other as shown in the picture. Place the wing pieces on top, making sure the ends of the feather strips are hidden under the wings, then set the wings aside and attach the feathers.
4) Sew with a vertical seam starting at the top of the feather. Make a small vertical stitch along the top row, then a long stitch in the center of each feather shape, and finish with a final row of vertical stitches along the bottom feather. Remove the needle when sewing.
5) Pin the two wing pieces in place. Sew a row of running stitches along the inside of each wing, then remove the needle.
Owl Pdf Pattern Tutorial Night Friend
7) Place the second body on the back of your embellished piece and connect it. Whip stitch the edges and join the two layers together. Leave a gap along the bottom edge and remove the needle.
8) Stuff the owl with polyester stuffing and use a pencil to poke the stuffing into the top. Then sew up the gap with more whip stitches and finish the seam neatly at the back.
This cute little guy will look super cute snuggling up against your book (wise owls love books!). You can also fill it with lavender stuffing instead of polyester, make a pretty lavender bag, or sew it front and back and add some ribbon before hanging it on the wall or doorknob.
Sign up for my newsletter and get a free pattern every month, and visit my crafty tutorial archive for tons of other free projects.
Barn Owl And Penguin Stuffed Animal Digital Sewing Pattern By Willowynn
This tutorial is for non-commercial use only: you can use it for some owls as a gift for yourself or your friends, but don’t do it for sale. If you want to blog about this project, you can borrow images, but remember to credit me and link back to the original source. Thanks!
Double click on the template / open in a new tab to view and print in full size.
Edit: if it is 100% printed, the owl’s body part is over 13 cm or 5 inches long. Click again to view the template image full size on your screen and set it to 100% print. If you have problems printing the image on a page, change the header/footer settings in page settings or print the template at a smaller size. Not 100% but 98% My 3 year old hit his head so hard I had to ice it to keep the swelling down. I went to the freezer and got out a bag of peas and she started crying even more. He didn’t like how cold and icy it was. My son is very sensitive. So I decided to make her a cute, distracting…not so “icy” “ice cream bowl”. Booboo Bear was a good friend in hard times. I also gave a thank you gift to the school nurse. Owie Owl is a version I made for my niece. I think either one is perfect for a boy or a girl! These are easy to whip up and make cute little gifts. These are ice packs, but they can also be heated in the microwave and used as heating packs. (See below for a poem card to include in these gifts.)
2) Cut out the pattern. Draw the eyes and beak on the meltable banana. (Note: Mark the “white” and “black” parts of the eye separately.)
Aly Owl Pincushion
4) Draw the same on the right side of the fabric. Make sure the outlines match. This is where we put our eyes, beak and wings in the right place.
5) Iron the fusible web for eyes and beak onto the felt. Cut out the back of the fusible web and iron to the right side of the fabric.
8) Arrange the wings in a zigzag pattern. (You can refer to the pattern to make sure you put them in the right place. They should be slightly past the lines of the owl.)
9) With the right sides of the fabric facing each other, sew along the drawn line. (Note: I do this because I find it easier to cut the outline first and then sew a 1/4 inch seam.) Turn it inside out, leaving a few inches open at the bottom to fill with rice.
Sleepy Time Stuffed Owls
11) Turn inside out. Fill with rice (don’t overfill). Close the blind seams and holes. And you’re done! 🙂
2) Cut out the pattern. Draw eyes, nose, arms, legs, ears and stomach on the fusible mesh. (Note: I will label them so I know which is which later.)
3) Draw a pattern on the front and back of the fabric. (I lifted the outlines to make sure they matched.)
6) Stitch zigzag around the body parts into position. With the right sides of the fabric facing each other, sew along the drawn line leaving an opening (I left the top of the bear’s head open).
Owl Sewing Pattern Pdf Stuffed Animal Soft Toy
7) Cut off excess fabric and turn inside out. Fill with rice (don’t overfill). Close the blind seams and holes. And you’re done! 🙂
***If you are giving this as a gift, print out the little poem and include it. (Click HERE for PDF) 28 Free Owl Sewing Patterns These cute, compact and decorative owl sewing patterns will be a breeze to make!
The great thing about this collection is the wide variety of projects to choose from. There’s a section for home decor crafts, stuffed animals, hands-on projects you’ll use all the time, and even an owl sewing project for kids! There are even Christmas decorations in the home decor section!
You don’t need a lot of sewing experience to create cute and unique owl projects! Most of these are simple projects that can be completed in an afternoon or evening. With the variety of these styles, you’ll find an idea that’s perfect for you!
Printable Owl Pattern
Recreate your favorite feathered friends with this amazing collection! All of these creations make great gift ideas. You can keep referring to it for tons of bird inspiration!
Your child can wear their pajamas in this owl and it will look amazing in their bed!
This friendly owl is more than just a clip, it holds all your sewing supplies and looks super cute doing it!
This little bag is super easy to make and a great project to carry around your supplies.
Owl Pdf Sewing Pattern Bird Video Tutorial Diy Stuffed Toy
While this would make a great gift idea for the child in your life, this owl can also be used as a pin or ornament!
This little friend is so quick and easy to make, you’ll be making more than one!
You can easily and quickly turn an old sock into a beautiful new owl!
Quick and easy to decorate for Valentine’s Day, this pillow makes a cute gift!
Owl Backpack Pdf Sewing Pattern
Want to make more amazing home decor with your sewing skills? Download this FREE eBook 9 Crazy Awesome Sewing Ideas Free eBook
Are you sure you want to report this comment? This will be flagged by our moderators for action.
Your wallet will love Dollar Store Bags. You can use any material to make your own bag, but with a pallet … Continue reading: “Dollar Store”
Free owl template, owl template, owl sewing pattern, owl stencil template, owl template for sewing, sewing template, owl sewing kit, owl cut out template, free owl sewing patterns, free owl sewing template, owl sewing, owl shape template